Monday, May 26, 2014

Welcome!

My name is Connor J. Cosenza. I am a grad student at Johns Hopkins University's Washington DC campus, pursuing a Masters of Science in Applied Economics. I recently completed my Bachelors of Arts at Mercer University, in Macon, GA (go Bears) with a major in Economics and a minor in Mathematics.

Magic at the Margin is just a personal blog I decided to start up in order to have a venue to share my thoughts on economics, politics, mathematics, or any other topics I might find interesting. The name is indicative of one of the most important ideas in modern economics--that people think and make their decisions "at the margin", or "from this point forward". An example of this is the very creation of the blog. A blog could potentially be useful to me in the future. I don't know exactly how so, but I know that many people I know find them to be helpful. This means that the marginal benefit of creating the blog is at least positive, and could possibly be great. The cost of the blog is really only the cost of my time, of which I currently have plenty. The marginal cost, then, is quite low. Since it seems that the marginal benefit of creating a blog outweighed the marginal cost of doing so at this point, Magic at the Margin was born.

I'm not sure how often I will post here, but I hope to do so regularly.

Have a magical day!

No comments :

Post a Comment